UPDATED: Apr 21, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you are considering getting a new Honda, you will also need to get Honda CR-V insurance. It is no surprise that the CR-V is the top of the list on Edmunds. Com for most searched vehicles. If this is what you are considering buying, then finding out a little bit more about the vehicle and insurance you will need is a good step to make as a wise and informed consumer.
Learning a Bit about the Honda CR-V
When thinking about Honda CR-V insurance, you should know about this vehicle. Of course if you are shopping for car insurance for this vehicle you may already know quite a lot about it. Here are some basics about this vehicle:
- The Honda CR-V is a popular crossover sports utility vehicle. The 2012 model has been redesigned making it an even more attractive option to consider. Why drivers already like this one is that it is roomy and can accommodate plenty of passengers as well as cargo. Drivers also offer praise for the user-friendly controls this vehicle has.
- The superior fuel economy doesn’t hurt either. So while you will be able to find affordable Honda CR-V insurance, you can also see great savings on your monthly gas bills when you drive this car.
- The negative reviews for the CR-V are actually few and far between. Even the common shared negative comments are not about anything such as safety, comfort or design. This could be a lot of the reason why this Honda does so well and has drivers like you looking to buy one.
Getting Honda CR-V Insurance
Getting coverage for a sweet ride like this is as important as signing on the dotted line to take the Honda home. Getting the proper insurance protects you as well as your family in the event of a collision or even theft. So, what type of insurance will you need for your new CR-V?
- Much of this depends on your loan amount, terms and conditions. The bottom line is that if you are leasing or financing a brand new Honda CR-V, you will need to cover this to the fullest. This of course means going beyond the state minimum required to drive legally. For financed cars, you cannot have just liability, but you wouldn’t want just that anyway.
- In most cases when you are getting car insurance for a brand new financed car, you may need gap insurance coverage in addition to other types of coverage. Gap insurance is what covers the difference between what you owe on the car and the actual value of the car. Many factors will influence whether you may need gap Honda CR-V insurance.
- Gap insurance for your Honda would most likely be needed if you brought in a trade in that you still owed on, if your loan is greater than 60 months or if you had less than 20 percent to put down on the vehicle. Because Hondas in general do not have a great rate of depreciation over time, you would only need to get gap insurance for depreciation if you will be putting an excessive amount of miles on the vehicle per year.
- The more safety features you include on your CR-V, the better your insurance policy rates will be. The same thing applies for cars with anti-theft deterrents such as a car alarm. So remember if it comes down to deciding on whether to get a sunroof or stability control, realize only one of these will help keep your car insurance lower.
Being a Smart Driver and Consumer
There are plenty of cars on the market available for you to choose. Considering any type of Honda should leave you feeling good about your decision. Not only that but the CR-V has done extremely well for past models and only great things are expected for sales of the newest edition. If you have been doing any research, you have probably read great reviews and consumer feedback. Another bonus is that Hondas are known for not depreciating in value, so this is often a wise investment with great resale value.
The next thing to do is go and check one out and see for yourself how it handles and if your family enjoys the comfort. To be on top of things, though, it is a good idea to have quotes for Honda CR-V coverage before taking your vehicle home. To do this, you only need to supply your zip code and you could get quotes for Honda CR-V insurance right away.