UPDATED: Oct 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our auto insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different auto insurance companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Full coverage costs around $2,032 a year or $169 each month
- A liability-only policy costs around $815 a year or $68 each month
- Highest rates are for teenage drivers at around $7,427 a year or $619 each month
- Good drivers can save as much as $838 a year by earning policy discounts
- Mercedes-Benz S450 insurance costs around $513 more per year than the average vehicle
Mercedes-Benz owners know that Mercedes-Benz S450 insurance rates can be expensive. Mercedes-Benz S450 insurance costs around $513 more per year than the average vehicle. Read on to learn what you can do to save on your Mercedes-Benz S450 insurance rates.
You can start comparing quotes for Mercedes-Benz S450 car insurance rates from some of the best car insurance companies by using our free online tool now.
Mercedes-Benz S450 Insurance Cost
The average Mercedes-Benz S450 auto insurance costs are $2,032 a year or $169 a month.
Are Mercedes-Benz S450s Expensive to Insure?
The chart below details how Mercedes-Benz S450 insurance rates compare to other luxury cars like the Audi S7, Audi A4, and BMW M3.
However, there are a few things you can do to find the cheapest Mercedes-Benz insurance rates online.
What Impacts the Cost of Mercedes-Benz S450 Insurance?
The Mercedes-Benz S450 trim and model you choose can impact the total price you will pay for Mercedes-Benz S450 insurance coverage.
Age of the Vehicle
Older Mercedes-Benz S450 models generally cost less to insure. For example, car insurance rates for a 2018 Mercedes-Benz S450 are $2,032, while 2010 Mercedes-Benz S450 rates are $1,568, a difference of $464.
|2018 Mercedes-Benz S450||$494||$982||$398||$2,032|
|2017 Mercedes-Benz S450||$478||$958||$416||$2,010|
|2016 Mercedes-Benz S450||$462||$918||$430||$1,968|
|2015 Mercedes-Benz S450||$436||$886||$442||$1,922|
|2014 Mercedes-Benz S450||$420||$822||$452||$1,852|
|2013 Mercedes-Benz S450||$402||$774||$456||$1,790|
|2012 Mercedes-Benz S450||$386||$694||$460||$1,698|
|2011 Mercedes-Benz S450||$360||$638||$460||$1,616|
|2010 Mercedes-Benz S450||$348||$598||$464||$1,568|
Driver age can have a significant impact on the cost of Mercedes-Benz S450 auto insurance. For example, 20-year-old drivers pay approximately $2,486 each year for their Mercedes-Benz S450 auto insurance than 30-year-old drivers.
Where you live can have a large impact on Mercedes-Benz S450 insurance rates. For example, drivers in New York may pay $529 a year more than drivers in Chicago.
Your Driving Record
Your driving record can have an impact on the cost of Mercedes-Benz S450 auto insurance. Teens and drivers in their 20’s see the highest jump in their Mercedes-Benz S450 auto insurance rates with violations on their driving record.
Mercedes-Benz S450 Safety Ratings
Your Mercedes-Benz S450 car insurance rates are influenced by the safety ratings of the Mercedes-Benz S450. See the breakdown below:
|Small overlap front: driver-side||N/R|
|Small overlap front: passenger-side||N/R|
|Moderate overlap front||N/R|
|Head restraints and seats||N/R|
|Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety|
Mercedes-Benz S450 Crash Test Ratings
Mercedes-Benz S450 crash test ratings can impact your Mercedes-Benz S450 car insurance rates. See Mercedes-Benz S450 crash test results below:
|1-5 Star Rating Scale, N/R = No Rating | Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration|
Mercedes-Benz S450 Safety Features
The Mercedes-Benz S450 safety features play a vital role in keeping passengers safe in crashes, but they can also help lower your Mercedes-Benz S450 auto insurance rates. The Mercedes-Benz S450’s safety features include:
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- ABS And Driveline Traction Control
- Side Impact Beams
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- eCall Emergency System Emergency SOS
- Parktronic w/Active Parking Assist Automated Parking Sensors
- Blind Spot Assist Blind Spot
- Collision Prevention Assist Plus
- Active Lane Keeping Assist Lane Keeping Assist
- Active Lane Keeping Assist Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning
- Dual Stage Driver And Passenger Front Airbags
- Curtain 1st And 2nd Row Airbags
- Airbag Occupancy Sensor
- Driver Knee Airbag and Rear Side-Impact Airbag
- Childseat Sensor and Rear Child Safety Locks
- First Aid Kit
- Outboard Front Lap And Shoulder Safety Belts
- Back-Up Camera
Mercedes-Benz S450 Finance and Insurance Cost
If you are financing a Mercedes-Benz S450, most lenders will require your carry higher Mercedes-Benz S450 coverage options including comprehensive coverage, so be sure to shop around and compare Mercedes-Benz S450 auto insurance rates from the best companies using our FREE tool below.
Ways to Save on Mercedes-Benz S450 Insurance
There are many ways that you can save on Mercedes-Benz S450 car insurance. Below are five actions you can take to find cheap Mercedes-Benz S450 auto insurance rates.
- Use Paperless Billing for Your Mercedes-Benz S450 Insurance Policy
- Pay Your Mercedes-Benz S450 Insurance Upfront
- Ask About Mercedes-Benz S450 Discounts If You Were Listed on Someone Else’s Policy
- Consider Renting a Car Instead of Buying a Second Mercedes-Benz S450
- Add a More Experienced Driver to Your Mercedes-Benz S450 Policy
Top Mercedes-Benz S450 Insurance Companies
The best auto insurance companies for Mercedes-Benz S450 car insurance rates will offer competitive rates, discounts, and account for the Mercedes-Benz S450’s safety features. The following list of car insurance companies outlines which companies hold the highest market share.
|Source: Insurance Information Institute|
Compare Free Mercedes-Benz S450 Insurance Quotes Online
You can start comparing quotes for Mercedes-Benz S450 insurance from some of the top car insurance companies by using our free online tool today.