Multiple Auto Insurance Quotes – Advantages & Tips
Compare Quotes Now
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jul 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident auto insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one auto insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our auto insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different auto insurance companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Part of the beauty of today’s world of consumerism is that people have choices in affordable car insurance, places to live, places to work, and much more. As businesses compete for each and every customer, the customer finally has the upper hand. When it comes to getting an auto insurance policy quote, this has never been more true. Consider how hard it was to get auto coverage just a few short years ago:
- Call or even stop by every car insurance carrier in your area to talk to an insurance agent
- Give out all of your personal information to each company, wasting a great deal of time and making your data available for plenty of people to see
- Wait around for a few days to get that return quote from each company
- After a week call those companies that hadn’t gotten around to calling you back
- Finally compare rates that usually weren’t even that competitive
Now, you usually have to do nothing more than go online, enter your zip code, and follow the prompts to get multiple options for an auto insurance quote in an instant. Our insurance comparison tool makes it even simpler by getting multiple quotes at once. The best part is that the rates are finally super competitive. Insurance companies have to offer their best rates up front. Sites also guide consumers through a checklist to see if they qualify or an auto insurance discount.
The bottom line is that getting your auto insurance quote now takes a fraction of the time and effort, and you get better results with the cheapest car insurance rates. You can even lock in comprehensive coverage amounts so you know you’re comparing the average rates on policies that are actually alike.
Ways You Save
You should be aware of some useful tips that can help you secure a cheap auto insurance policy. It may start with just your zip code, but there are other aspects that go into customizing your insurance costs. Know these before you agree on a policy provider.
- Bundle and save, especially with an umbrella policy – Most people have other insurance policies out there but don’t always think about bundling them in order to save money. You may save on more than just your car insurance this way. Not only that, but it can also be a lot easier to make your insurance payments if you make it to one carrier and usually at just one time. So take all of your other policies into consideration, such as health, life, motorcycle, home owners or renters and combine them with your auto insurance coverage options. Multi-policy discounts could save you hundreds each year. You can still play around with the insurance coverage levels on individual policies to find the bundle that makes sense for you.
- Know your driving record – Driver profile is key when pricing out auto insurance. At least have some idea of what your driving record looks like. This is a big part of annual rates. If you have some tickets, accidents or other infractions, your insurance rates will be higher. Most auto policies charge more for drivers with infractions. Drivers with a clean driving record tend to save more on their auto insurance quotes. It usually takes three years for marks to come off of your driving history. Too many drivers think they have a clean record and are disappointed when the low rates they thought they were getting vanish because of the infractions they forget about. Keep in mind that you should compare rates again, or at least alert your carrier, when three years passes and your record is “clean” again. If you filed an insurance claim, it goes on your record, but it’s far from being the only factor.
- Think about the car you drive – Before jumping behind the wheel of that flashy red six-figure sports car, get the collision coverage rates first. Even if you can afford the loan payments, you may discover you cannot afford the car insurance coverage limits you need. Obviously, more sensible cars with loads of safety and anti-theft features offer you the most affordable insurance premiums. So before you sign your name to a car loan, check your options.
- Look at Your Location – It’s not always possible to move to a better area. You can understand more about your rates if you understand the impact of location, though. If you live in a big city, the risk of break-ins and accidents are higher. Online quotes go by your zip code. Once you commit to a policy, though, it will also look at your street. Is your street particularly dangerous? Comprehensive insurance will cost more in the short term. So some people choose to narrow it down to state-required coverage. Especially if you have a higher cost car, it could cost you more to repair it on your own later on.
- Take advantage of discounts on your auto insurance premium – People often have ways to cut costs on their insurance rates, but they don’t realize it. For example, if you do have a spotty driving record, find out if a driver’s school class would lower your rates. If your insurance would cost less by having it housed in a garage, get around to cleaning that garage out. The money from a yard sale of that junk alone could take care of some of your auto insurance premium. If you have teen drivers, look into the discount programs specifically for younger drivers. Being a member of certain organizations, like the military, can also help lower your rates. Many insurance companies take credit score and marital status into consideration as well. Do some research on the average car insurance rates in your area to find out how to save. A growing number of cheap car insurance companies also offer telematics programs to track your driving and issue a discount based on your score.
No matter how good a deal you think you’re getting, make sure you regularly compare your car insurance rates. We make it easy for you to get free multiple auto insurance quotes at once. Even if you are happy with your current provider doesn’t mean you shouldn’t still get some rates to see how much you could be saving.
Also make it a point to learn some common driving mistakes so you can avoid them. Learning to be a better driver is great for your car insurance, but more important for your safety. Find out how much you could be saving by trying rate comparisons today.