About Freeway Insurance
Freeway Insurance is an American insurance company that was founded in 1987. In 2008, the company partnered with the insurance distribution company Confie Seguros, which AM Best listed as the largest privately-held insurance broker in the United States and as one of the world’s top 20 global insurance brokers. It is currently headquartered in Huntington Beach, California.
The company offers policies to anyone living in the United States and does not limit coverage to a specific set of states. Its 97 offices are located in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, and Washington. If you cannot access one of these offices, you can still be helped online or over the phone. Freeway Insurance also claims to have agents that speak English and Spanish to better accommodate more of the population.
Freeway Insurance has received a great deal of positive recognition from well-respected sources including receiving the 2013 Best of Anaheim Award, making A.M. Best’s Reviews of the 2012 Top 20 Global Insurance Brokers, a nomination from Insurance Journal to their top 25 Property/Casualty Agencies list as well as a finalist spot in the same publication’s 2011 Best Agencies to Work for.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited Freeway Insurance in 2009, which signifies Freeway’s good faith efforts to resolve consumer complaints. The BBB accreditation review and monitoring is a paid for service and its ratings are based on several factors including how long the company has been in business, the type of company, the number of complaints compared to its size, the handling and resolution of the customer complaints that the business has received.
- Confie Seguros was named in A.M. Best’s Reviews of the 2012 Top 20 Global Insurance Brokers
- A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau
Pros and Cons
Auto Insurance Discounts
- Higher Deductible
- As with most insurance providers, Freeway Insurance offers a discount if you select a higher deductible for your coverage. Your monthly payments will be lower with this route, but should you get in an accident then you will likely be responsible for covering more of the damage costs out of pocket.
- Good Driver Discounts
- Maintaining a safe driving record is a straightforward way to save money on car insurance. The best way to take advantage of this is to have a few year stretch without any car accidents, traffic tickets and insurance claims.
- Good Student Discount
- Car insurance rates for teenagers tend to be very high, because they are viewed as less responsible than someone who has been driving for a longer period of time. A teen with good grades is viewed as being more responsible than the average teen and will qualify for discounts.
- Multiple Policy and Multiple Line Discounts
- Bundling auto with another type of policy with Freeway Insurance such as life or renters will show your commitment to the company and help you save money.
- Multiple Automobile Discount
- Putting multiple vehicles on a policy with the company will qualify you for a discount. The safer the vehicle, the better your rates can be.
- Defensive Driving Course Discount
- Taking a Freeway Insurance approved driving course will qualify you for a discount. The thinking is that after you take this course, you will be a safer driver.
- Military Discount
- Freeway Insurance honors those in the U.S. military by offering them a discount for their service to the country.
- Home Purchase Discount
- Purchasing a home suggests a stable lifestyle and thus could score you discounts on your auto insurance.
- Home Security & Fire Protection Discount
- Taking certain extra steps to make sure your home is protected from things like theft and fire go over really well with insurance companies and could help you save on your policy.
- Auto: The types of auto insurance coverages offered by Freeway Insurance include:
- Full Coverage Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Collision Insurance
- Comprehensive Insurance
- Medical Payments
- Uninsured Motorist
- No Fault Insurance
- Optional Insurance
- Homeowners: Protect your home from costly damages as a result of storms, hurricanes, fire, hail, plumbing problems and theft.
- Renters: This coverage helps protect belongings in your rental including but not limited to furniture, electronics and clothing from disasters outside of your control. Those listed by Freeway Insurance include fire and smoke damage, theft, leaks, building collapse and problems caused by plumbing and air conditioning.
- Business (or Commercial Insurance): Purchasing business insurance will help cover damage to your business or bodily harm done to someone within your business. The types of insurance in this category are:
- Property Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Motorcycle: Freeway Insurance’s motorcycle coverage options include Comprehensive and Collision, Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist and Roadside Assistance. The insurance provider offers coverage for all types of motorcycles, bikes and toys including:
- Custom choppers
- Vintage bikes
- Motorcycles 25 years or older
- Cruisers (including those in limited production)
- Street sport bikes
- High performance motorcycles
- Race bikes
- Touring bikes
- Super bikes
- Sport touring bikes
- General purpose motorcycles
- Motocross and dirt bikes
- Health: Having healthcare coverage is now required by law under the Affordable Care Act. Freeway Insurance offers some options for individuals in need.
- Watercraft: Freeway offers coverage options for personal watercrafts under 13 feet long including jet skis, sea doos and wave runners.
- AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment): If you choose to purchase this type of insurance for you and/or your family, it will pay the beneficiary if a policy holder’s death is caused by an accident. For example, an individual’s death would be covered if it is due to a car accident, falling, heavy equipment accident, drowning, homicide or exposure.
- Landlord: Landlord insurance is extremely important and can save them from paying out for damage to their property and lawsuits brought against them.
- Life: The younger you are when you purchase life insurance, the lower your rates are likely to be. Life insurance coverage options include:
- Whole Life Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
BuyAutoInsurance is not affiliated with Freeway Insurance.
- Freeway Insurance website: http://www.freewayinsurance.com/
- Better Business Bureau: http://www.bbb.org/